Go to main navigation Skip to main content Go to search
  • Image for An Introduction to The Discourse Club!.

An Introduction to The Discourse Club!

The Discourse Club is a huge vision for Farmingdale to bring conversation to the table! Too many times we rely on our social media to speak about social and political stances or certain issues that are challenging our society as a whole, but we wanted to bring those conversations to reality. We created The Discourse […]

Read more
  • Image for “I Will Conquer The Wind” by Jennifer Mann.

“I Will Conquer The Wind” by Jennifer Mann

It was a dark and stormy night. The candle kept swaying its light. Cold, I lie in my empty cabin home. Hear the thunder, my body turns to stone.   The wind began to whistle, then howl. Then I smelled wet wood that was fowl. Turned to find the front door was unlocked. Closed the […]

Read more
  • Image for “Take Me to FSC” by Isaiah Hilman-Smalls.

“Take Me to FSC” by Isaiah Hilman-Smalls

Take me to where a student’s creativity can roam free. Take me to where a student can become anything they want to be. Show me how a professor can teach me more than a lesson. Show me how one’s true understanding can lead to a heart’s confession. Find me where the spirits of the youth […]

Read more
  • Image for Super Bowl LIV: 49ers vs. Chiefs Overview and Predictions.

Super Bowl LIV: 49ers vs. Chiefs Overview and Predictions

The stage is set for the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers to face off in Super Bowl 54 in Miami. Can the stout 49ers finish off this extraordinary season? Can the red-hot Chiefs continue to make magic happen? Not only do these storied franchises have a fruitful history in the NFL, but this […]

Read more
  • Image for An Ode to Kobe Bryant.

An Ode to Kobe Bryant

For those who lived with a passion and never gave up. For those who believed that who they were inside was always enough. For those who had a smile that could lift up everyone’s spirit. For those whose positive actions made the most noise when the enemies didn’t want to hear it. We say thanks […]

Read more
  • Image for Why is Basketball Important?.

Why is Basketball Important?

Why is basketball important? Basketball is important because it can be fun to watch and play, and it keeps players in a healthy condition while also improving their communication skills. Here are some examples of how playing basketball can really change your life. Fun to play and fun to watch — You can play with […]

Read more
  • Image for A Review of “Death Stranding” by Will Benitez.

A Review of “Death Stranding” by Will Benitez

Together, you can help us reconnect. You can make America whole. I was driving through Farmingdale, listening to Low Roar’s album, “Once in a Long, Long While”, and I found myself focusing a lot more on nature. Focusing on the people around me. On all the lives that currently exist, both human and non-human, and […]

Read more
  • Image for A Review of “Parasite” by Jake Maddia.

A Review of “Parasite” by Jake Maddia

Parasite is a movie directed by Bong Joon-ho and stars Cho Yeo-Jeong, Park So-dam, Choi Woo-Shik, Kang-Ho Song, Jeong Ji-so, Lee Sun Gyun, Jang Hye-Jin, and Jeong Hyun-joòn. The film follows a very down-on-their-luck family that takes a special interest in a very wealthy family. Since everyone in the down-on-their-luck family is unemployed, they find […]

Read more
  • Image for Kanye West’s “Jesus Is King” Review.

Kanye West’s “Jesus Is King” Review

Everybody Wanted Yandhi, Then Jesus Christ Did The Laundry. So how did Kanye West get me, a self proclaimed atheist of nearly a decade, singing about God, Jesus and all the good he’s done? Well that’s just Kanye West. Review over, 10/10. Well no, you saw the score when you clicked this article, 3 out […]

Read more

An Introduction to The Discourse Club!

Read more
  • Image for Professors That Shine!.

Professors That Shine!

Recently, it has come to light that as students we often tackle the day to day problems of being college students who possibly have jobs on the side. Along with our busy schedules, we often have to deal with professors who we may not like. I have noticed many of my peers complaining about difficult […]

Read more
  • Image for Why You Should Join The Dale News!.

Why You Should Join The Dale News!

Are you wandering around campus bored? Is it taking longer than you hoped it would to make friends this semester? Come join The Dale News! You’re probably wondering why you would want to join a club where you have to write boring old articles… The good news is that here at The Dale News you […]

Read more

An Introduction to The Discourse Club!

Read more
  • Image for First NAACP Meeting for Black History Month Set for Tuesday, February 4th!.

First NAACP Meeting for Black History Month Set for Tuesday, February 4th!

The first meeting of the NAACP Chapter for Black History Month will be held next week on Tuesday, February 4th! At this event, there will be an introduction to the meaning of the month for Black culture and there will be a game of Black Card Revoked! Make sure to join in on the history […]

Read more
  • Image for The Farmingdale Renaissance Set to Take Place on February 10!.

The Farmingdale Renaissance Set to Take Place on February 10!

On Monday, February 10th, Colored Colors, Farmingdale State College’s Student Government Association and NAACP Chapter will be hosting The Farmingdale Renaissance! At this event, there will be a celebration for Black History Month with different artists and performers showcasing their talents. If you want to experience an inspiring display of culture then come to The […]

Read more

Why is Basketball Important?

Read more
  • Image for Orange Theory: New Fitness Craze.

Orange Theory: New Fitness Craze

Orange Theory is a new gym that is popping up everywhere, but what is it all about? The first time I saw an Orange Theory was in California on vacation in 2017. Their popularity is growing, and I decided to check it out for myself last month. The science behind the craze is all about […]

Read more
  • Image for Take a Chance to Change Your Fitness Goals with the Bella Body Ten Day Challenge!.

Take a Chance to Change Your Fitness Goals with the Bella Body Ten Day Challenge!

What’s going on? A year ago The Bella Twins started the Bella Body Ten Day Challenge to educate their viewers on the different ways that fitness could be done in all environments. They wanted to show their viewers that in order to improve their fitness levels they did not need a lot of equipment. With […]

Read more

Read more

Read more
  • Image for “Self Discovery” by Isaiah Hilman-Smalls.

“Self Discovery” by Isaiah Hilman-Smalls

Falling into place and not being where I’m supposed to be. Breaking into pieces and losing all that’s important to me. Reliving the moments where I made mistakes by listening to my mind instead of my heart. Hoping to forget the time when my heart and soul decided to drift apart. Looking for answers to […]

Read more
  • Image for Volunteer Opportunity for Michael Weinstock.

Volunteer Opportunity for Michael Weinstock

Michael Weinstock is currently running for Congress against incumbent, Thomas Suozzi. Despite this incredible opportunity, Weinstock grew up homeless which was a formative experience that informs his ideas on making education affordable in the United States. Specifically, Weinstock believes that there should be more programs in which the government reduces or forgives student loans if […]

Read more

Why You Should Join The Dale News!

Read more
  • Image for The Dale News Job Search Inauguration.

The Dale News Job Search Inauguration

Message to our viewers Hello everyone and welcome to The Dale News Job Search Inauguration! This program was created to help students find the jobs and internships that they need to help them start working on their careers. Farmingdale State College offers a lot of academic programs that students are excited to major in, and […]

Read more