Journey of a Pre-Med

INTRODUCTION

First, I’d like to welcome all those whom are currently taking the time in reading my upcoming blog. My name is Chris but as there tends to be multiple Chris’s, calling me Carlisle would be the best option as that is my last name. I will being writing this blog as a Rambassador (Ambassador for Farmingdale State College). My friend had already inspired me in creating a Pre-Medicine blog and writing one as a Rambassador gave me a kick start in the process.

chris-carlisle-blog-photo

PRE-KNOWLEDGE

Attending Farmingdale State College, my major is Bioscience while following a pre-medicine track with a junior status and an estimated graduation date of Spring 2017. The goal that is currently to follow after my days as an undergraduate is to attend medical school beginning in Fall of 2017. Although the debate has been going on as to whether or not I would want a Ph.D. in Medicine has currently been alternating through my thoughts, specializing in Internal Medicine is the overall goal. I’ve been told by multiple people that this may change as the experiences I have mold who I am.

WHAT DO I DO?

Basic facts can only begin to describe who someone is. When it all boils down to it, it matters to everyone what kind of person someone may be. It is pretty weird being a pre-med student as you somethings have to act differently depending on the situation. Due to the course work you may not get to enjoy the many freedoms that many of your friends experience. Even now I am currently taking a heavy course loan (I tend to lie about the bulk to ease others worries), this consists of taking Organic Chemistry 2, Physics 2, Calculus 2 and Intro to Bioscience and its lab counterpart. Apart from the course work, I have 3 jobs (One of which I am writing this blog for: Rambassador) and a club that I am Vice-President of. This semester will be the real test of how well I can balance my life. I actually find it quite exhilarating having multiple objects that I need to accomplish.

CLOSING.

For now I am going to leave it as an end right here. Next blog subtopic will be about how I spent my summer and what your options during the summer are.