Success Academy Tours

Hey There Farmingdale!

Today I had the opportunity to give tours of our wonderful campus to second grade Farmingdale State College's Rams logostudents from the Success Academy in the city. These groups were a pleasure to have on our campus. They were all very well behaved and asked plenty of great questions about what our college is like, what we have, how many classes I take, how much homework I have, and much more. I loved their enthusiasm for our new gymnasium, our new library, the dorms and the campus center. They absolutely loved the bookstore and cafeteria, they wanted to go buy stuff from the bookstore and eat from POPs. Many of the children wanted to come back to Farmingdale State College and may decide to attends here in the future.

Some of the comments I received from them were “this is even better than the other school we visited”, “I want to go back to the gym and run the track”, and “I want to come here so I can eat (at POPs) until my belly bursts”. My second group was interested in electric cars so I told them about our solar car port and they wanted to go see them. They were very interested in hearing about President Keen and want to come back to meet him. One child even told me that he wants to own four different colleges and run them all when he gets older. All in all, I believe this field trip has made a huge impact on most of the children and that they will end up going very far in life.

Well that’s all for now! Come back next week for a bit of Farmingdale History that I found out.

Your tour-giving Rambassador,

Kaitlyn M.