A little bit of Farmingdale history

Hey there Farmingdale!

FSC Milk CartonHow are my lovely readers today? So, my past two weeks have been absolutely crazy! Between midterms, projects, work study and the research project, I have been running around in a million different directions. This is my second semester of my junior year, so I figured I would be busy but not this busy. Well, let me get on to what I came to tell you guys today.

I have mentioned that I work with the Alumni Relations office previously and this past week we had done some straightening up in the office. Being that the Alumni office is inside the building which was the first dorm on campus, there were renovations being done on it.  This month we had our windows replaced so the office was shifted around with boxes and things. So after putting things back in their proper locations, I found a little bit of Farmingdale history on one of the shelves that was hidden by the boxes. I had seen an old milk carton from when they had delivered milk to the surrounding towns.

Another cool thing I found out was from the research project that I am participating in. My research project is of an oral history with someone who worked at Republic from 1952 to 1968. During my long transcribing process, the person being interviewed brought up the fact that she remembers Farmingdale selling milk and eggs while she was living in Amityville. So seeing this carton reminded me of the interview that I am transcribing and isn’t it funny how everything tends to interlace with each other throughout life.

So with this, I must bid you adieu and I promise to come back with updates for you, my favorite readers.

Your on-the-go Rambassador,

Kaitlyn M.