How to get through “Finals Week Madness”… (For those who didn’t prepare on time)

Hey everyone!!!

First, I want to apologize with all of you because I haven’t had the time to post on the blog lately. The truth is that I had too much going on this semester. I know that you guys missed me, but you don’t have to worry anymore! 🙂 I’ll be posting all the good stuff I find interesting on campus and as well as the things I do myself. 

As you know the semester is ALMOST OVER! This can be a good thing for those who can’t wait to enjoy their break (Ohh Yeah 🙂 ). However, it can be bad news for those who waited until the last minute to do projects, extra credit or homework. 🙁

If you are one of those… Don’t freak out! You still have time to finish the semester with a good grade.

Here are some strategies to improve your final grades during what I like to call: “Finals Week Madness”
professor

1-      Talk to your professor:  You need to talk to your professors in order to find out how you are doing in their classes. By this time professors can tell you if you are looking at a C or B or A. If the grade you have so far is unsatisfactory, ask them about extra credit, homework or additional work you can do to improve your grade. Don’t be afraid to ask, it is never too late! Maybe your professor will see your enthusiasm and take it into consideration.

Study-Group

2-      Study Groups: Get together with one or two classmates that are doing better than you in class and study as a group. Borrow their notes and ask them about their study techniques. They probably study in a different way that can be more efficient and helpful for you.

no parties

3-      Don’t go out, Don’t use Facebook: That’s right! Even though it sounds hard, don’t hang out with family and friends until you are done with school. Also, stop using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other social media while you are in Finals Week. Believe it or not, the amount of time you spend surfing on the internet you can read a whole chapter. Be conscious about time.

6-advantages-of-online-tutoring

4-      Meet with a tutor: If you don’t feel confident or you still have doubts about a certain topic, don’t hesitate to meet with a tutor. At Farmingdale State College we have a Tutoring Center (located in Sinclair), Math Center ( located in Whitman Hall), and a Modern Language Tutoring Center (Located in Memorial Hall) where highly qualified tutors are available at different times.

Vitals_Adderall_StudyingStudent

5-      Study HARD for the Final: A good grade on your final test can make a big difference! Be prepared to pass the final with good grades. Don’t miss the review class some professors have before the test. Take notes and study hard.  Have in mind that it is your last chance.

Remember:  Don’t let the “Finals Week Madness” to take over. Keep trying hard to get good grades.
But, next semester work even harder from the beginning in order to avoid getting all your work done in Finals Week! 

finals

Thank you Guys for reading my post!!!  See you soon  :-)    VR