5 Things that I Loved Best About Spring Semester 2013

Hey everyone!!

I hope you are doing great!. Are you ready for the summer?

Let me tell you guys that this semester was very hard.. at least for me.

I’m doing a minor in Economics and I was taking a lot of classes involving numbers (p.s.: I don’t like math), and I was expecting more holidays like we had the previous semester 🙁

However,  this semester I achieved some goals and I also had fun! Now that this semester is over, I want to countdown the 5 things I loved the most.

5.  Joining the “Rambassadors”
GroupFunStarted from the bottom now I’m here! When I first found out about the Rambassadors I knew I wanted to be a part of it.  As a Rambassador I’m able to communicate and share my experiences as a proud Farmingdale State College Student!. My fellow Rambassadors and I worked in Open House and the Accepted Students Day! This was a good opportunity, and I’m so grateful for being part of this group.

There is a lot going on in FSC and we are a powerful team! There will be  surprises so you better prepare!.

4. Attending the Naval Academy Foreign Affairs Conference (NAFAC)

NAVY Right after spring break, I had the opportunity to attend the NAFAC in representation of Farmingdale State College. It was such an amazing experience! I was discussing issues involving progress through the empowerment of women in the Middle East and North Africa. Also, I was able to live the NAVY experience!! I went sailing, I took a basic training and learned to appreciate the hard work that the people in the NAVY do for the country. For a whole week I met students from all over the United States and improved my problem solving skills during the discussions roundtables!

3-  RamFest 2013

FSC RAM FESTFarmingdale’s RamFest 2013 was a huge success!  It was the best way to have a good time before finals. Both residents and commuters participated in outdoor activities accompanied by nice music and popcorn. Everything was well planed and from 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. we had the chance to dance, play, win prizes and eat!!! Using one word I can describe this activity as: AMAZING!

2- Student Body Senator At Large

VOTEThis semester I started my campaign to run for Senator in the Student Government! After a whole week of spreading the word and giving away flyers and candy at the Campus Center, I was pleased with the news that I won!!! I was pursuing this position because I feel I can contribute to our college and I’m going to do my best to represent the student body.

1- Farewell to Farmingdale 2013

Farewell to FarmingdaleThe last and biggest party of the year!!! Farewell to Farmingdale was a fancy and fun party for seniors… The weird thing is that most of the students that went weren’t seniors, hehehe. Everything was perfect! From the venue, the food, the DJ and the decorations… everything looked so nice.  I’m definitely going next year, and the next year and the next…even when I become an FSC Alumn. It’s just something about good parties that makes you feel you want to go every time.

These activities have something in common… Can you guess?    Farmingdale State College. What can I say? Farmingdale State College ROCKS!  There is always something to do on campus.. you just need to read the flyers that are all over the place! Don’t miss the chance to be part of the school’s community. Get involve, participate.  My spring semester was AWESOME.. How was yours?

Follow me on Twitter: @vianna_fsc and share your Spring Semester experiences using #SpringFSC !

Thank you for reading my post!!!

See you soon 🙂

VR