A Road Trip to Canada

preethi-3

Vacations are always memorable, sometimes it’s the experience of travel or sometimes it is about the people with whom you went for the trip. I am sharing with you all how I experienced and ceased all my stress over the course of a summer vacation. The good thing about getting summer vacation is that we find time to spend with family and to go on long trips with them. The best vacation I ever went on was a road trip to Canada, with my entire family, the past summer, for 10 days. This was my first trip to Canada and my second international trip. Canada, with its diverse landscapes, cultures and attractions never stop to amaze people to go there and visit again. Have you ever seen one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the world? Well, I did! I got a chance to visit Niagara Falls from New York’s side as well as Canada’s side. The first day, we visited New York side Niagara Falls, I had such an amazing time and was able to see the Natural wonder which was an experience of a lifetime. Falls lays to the south of Toronto on the border with America. The depth of the water below Niagara Falls is 173 ft. and is as deep as its walls are high. The massive volume of water that flows over the falls causes the water to appear green in color. The water that flows over the Niagara Falls comes from Lake Erie which is one of the four great lakes of America.

preethi-2

The next day morning, I went to Skylon tower which is located near the falls. I went up the tower it took 52 seconds to reach the Observation Deck. The view of the falls was really fabulous and an astounding moment of my life. Also, we went to the famous revolving dining room which was rotating. The 360 view of the falls from the 775ft above elevated dining was spectacular. In the evening we went for the “Maid of the mist” boat ride, where the Horseshoe Falls and thundering water was fully surrounded. The water mist and the cool breezy wind made me think like I was in the paradise. It is a great example of how beautiful and stupendous our mother nature could be.

preethi-1

The very next day, we visited Toronto CN Tower, the tallest Standalone tower at the height of 1815 ft. which is considered as one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World by the American Society of Civil Engineers. It’s not just another huge building rising out of the ground and identifying a city. The CN tower was actually built for more practical reasons as well. It used to be major telecommunication platform back in the 1970s to serve the Toronto area, thereby demonstrating the strength of Canadian industry as well as the nation itself. We spent almost half a day inside the tower and after 4 hours of waiting time, we got a chance to see the observatory deck. We were also able to experience the Lookout Glass Floor. Since I am petrified of heights, I had to test my nerves standing on the glass floor. Nonetheless, it was fun and after some time I realized that there can’t be another eye-catching view at this moment and enjoyed and relished myself in it. After a very long day, I decided to get good relaxation in order to continue our trip moving to other provinces. These are the wonderful experiences that I like to conjure upon over the summer vacation in a short span of time. Vacations with the family with an essence of nature encompassed is always soothing for one’s self. It offers a chance for your body to appease and lighten up all the stress, tensions, and lousy logic.

Being a senior year college student, one valuable suggestion I can pass down is about making use of the opportunities around you to travel. Our College gives you a great opportunity to make this possible through Study Abroad programs, where you can delve into new experiences and visions in various different countries for a time period of your convenience. Meanwhile, you can also get college credits without having to lose your classes. Exploring new culture and language always add gold coins in your life’s pocket of experience and knowledge. Travelling programs let you bridge into your dreams of site seeing and stimulates our view on healthy relationships with people. Education is really important to all the students who look forward to a stable career. It can be made more amusing by traveling. For a few students, it might be a challenge to adapt to the surroundings of a foreign environment. However, once you experience the hospitality of the foreign people, you will overcome all your heart sickness and yearning for the homeland. Thereby you can achieve and chase our goals in life and maybe even change the direction of your career to a travel photographer or travel expert and thereby adding dollars to your pocket. Farmingdale offers study abroad programs that allowed numerous students to experience and participate in other cultures around the world. Studying abroad offer great opportunities for a better future. It’s a chance that everyone in college should experience to see the beautiful world to make our dream come true as well to explore the outside world.