Another week in London

I had my first group presentation this week for my Destination Marketing class. It’s a really interesting class where we learn to market, sell and brand destinations. We were assigned a small town called Epping Forest, right outside of London. With my group we spent many hours researching to make our poster, and here, you can’t just cut and glue pictures onto a poster, everything must be professionally printed. For example, we had to do everything online, and print it out on the poster itself to make it look clean cut. Each group had to present and give a speech about their poster and it made me realize how many international students there are at my school. Countries include Romania, France, Germany, Kenya, Pakistan, Brazil and so much more! It was a good presentation, and it’s nice to know our hard work paid off. We still have a lot more to do until the semesters over.

This week since it is the first week of November, there is the Kings Cross Market from Wednesday through Sunday. It’s a cute market that’s right outside the train station and it attracts hungry commuters and students from all over. They sell various baked goods, dried meat, roasted nuts, fresh fruit and veggies and much more! Luckily I live only a few blocks from Kings Cross Station but after seeing the fresh and amazing food, it’s never easy to walk by and not buy something!

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

What I love about London is the amount of small, warm coffee shops, aside from Starbucks and Costa (a popular London coffee shop). The other day I was looking for a place to do some work and decided to stroll some of the streets around me that I haven’t gone down yet and came across this coffee shop called Patterns. It’s a quaint, homey shop with fresh brewed coffee and specialty teas. It’s owned by a young girl, and it was exactly what I needed to focus and do my work! It’s my new hidden gem, that I will surely be at more often. This weekend I am headed to Chester for a football game!