Week 5!

Week 5 here in London! Normally during this time of year in America there are loads of Halloween decorations wherever you go. In London, there is barely anything! After speaking to many friends and some locals, they shared with me that Halloween is not a popular thing here at all. So what I am telling you is that on Halloween, I will not be able to go around to various houses to get free candy. I was told that if us American’s do that, they normally houses won’t answer the door, or call the cops on you! In some local shops you see some pumpkins, witch hats or small decorations, but October is just the month of October here.

However, they make a HUGE deal about Pumpkin Spiced Lattes here, possibly more than in NY! It’s crazy. Just like in NYC, there is a Starbucks every 100 feet here, with a Pumpkin Spice Latte sign somewhere, and every other person in Starbucks orders one. The other day when I went to Starbucks, they heard my “American accent”, and asked immediately if I wanted a Pumpkin Spiced Latte.

I joined the women’s football (soccer) team here, and it’s been a great way to meet new people, and see what’s it is like to play here! We had our first game a couple days ago and we won! The picture is our victory selfie that we took with the ref who said that we played really well. The girls here take soccer VERY seriously, and their heads turned when they heard my accent on the field, because they were wondering what an American was doing on the team! I am excited for the rest of the season!