Find Your Motivation and Get It Done

A small glimpse in the crazy and hectic life of Paula….

Life is sometimes very unpredictable and can take us by surprise. The ideal plan in life, for the most part, in our early adult years is: going to school, obtaining a decent job, and finally starting a family. Yet some people sometimes hit roadblocks or like me, start the opposite way. That is when selecting a good school comes in handy and alleviates most fears and concerns. That is what I found at Farmingdale State College; I found solace.

People often ask me how I manage.   It’s quite simple. I discovered my motivation and inspiration and they give me all the energy and desire to proceed. It might sound like a typical motivational strategy but it’s true. It is simple; not necessarily easy since effort and persistence are required. The hardest part was making the decision. I think that applies to everything in life in general.

Enrolling in school, again for the umpteenth time, attempting to finish my undergrad degree was yet another life-altering and significant decision but one much warranted and craved. I, a single mother raising three active, healthy, rapidly growing and needy boys while working full-time still wanted more. They are after all my motivation and this is why. I need to be their leader and role model. I am full of flaws and they know this, but I am still the mommy that protects them, that shelters them and that leads the way.

I want my children to succeed in life and have minimal hardships as they become adults. I think most parents want the same. Now I am not claiming that I had a rough time nor am I denying it. I just want something different for them and by far much better. I started young, like I said, in an unconventional manner. I didn’t finish school, began procreating and started working. It has been challenging at times. Working, raising kids and going to school all at the same time but it is, in one word, rewarding.

The best part of this endeavor was the easiness when applying to Farmingdale State College. It was almost effortless, the efficiency and nimbleness of admissions, credit evaluation and registration for classes made it a delightful experience. I encourage everyone to continue learning. Again, attending school as an atypical adult student, with a hectic-enough lifestyle, might add on some additional stress. If you are planning to start your first, second, or third undergrad degree or transferring from another school, Farmingdale State College is the place for you.   Find your motivation, passion and get it done.