London Adventure. Day one

Journal entry one, January 2nd (Thursday) 

On Thursday morning I arrived at Heathrow airport in London. I was so excited, and ready to start off my day. I remember meeting Liz, the groups designated tour guide. She was so funny, and gave all of us very insightful information about London. Our first stop of the day was Windsor Castle. Windsor Castle is one of the many homes of the Queen. In Windsor Castle, I was able to see the St.George Cathedral, which has a very gothic style to it. What makes the cathedral gothic, is the points in the architecture. When I took the tour of Windsor, I was able to see the state apartments.  When leaving the castle I was able to see some of the guards change positions, which I found fascinating. During the tour of the castle, I also meet some very cool people that were apart of the trip, that I quickly bonded with. After Windsor, we checked into the hotel. After getting settled, we all went to a pub called the swan. This is where we had our orientation and dinner. This orientation was great, because I was able to sit down and talk to some of the other students on the trip and get to know them a little better. Later that night, we all walked around Glouster road, which is the area our hotel was located in. After that I finished unpacking and called it a night.

Check back frequently for my daily update on my London experience journal. 

xoxo Lisa