Go to main navigation Skip to main content Go to search
  • A Pandemic State of Mind

DN 2021 Frame of Mind

In 2020, I learned that I am more independent and resilient than I thought possible. 2020 was the year I found out who my true friends are. 2020 was also the year that everything fell apart. The last year has not been fun for me. The last year has been hard, I have been hurt by people I never thought would hurt me, but most of all 2020 brought me closer to finding myself. Through all of the terrible things that have happened, I have also gained the courage to pursue the career I want. I learned that at the end of the day, I need to do what I want in order to be happy because I am the only one who has my back.

In 2021, I hope for myself to be able to travel and be closer to finding my place in the world. I hope for my family to be more honest and genuine about their feelings and to be more kind to one another. I hope for my family to have friendly conversations and to stand up for someone they love without fear of the repercussions. For my friends, I hope they succeed and do well in school as we get closer to graduation. For society and the world, I hope for equality and peace. I hope for society to grow and learn from our mistakes and live healthier, happier lives.

During this time, I find myself struggling to stay focused on school. I find doing work from home harder and focusing on classwork not as easy. Living in an environment where I don’t often have a quiet space to work makes it harder as well. For anyone in this situation, I would recommend putting headphones in and listening to music, or putting on a tv show in the background. I also try to get the majority of my homework done on a specific day so I can worry about my work less when I have work or virtual class.

This article was written in response to Round One of A Dale’s Frame of Mind. If you would like to participate in this program, feel free to send an email to hilmin@farmingdale.edu for more information.

Thanks for reading! Please check out the information below and have a great day!

20210412 101814 0000

Dale News Online Publication: May 2021

Dale News Ultimate Mobile Link Experience

== https://bio.fm/dalenewsfsc

DN LOGO 2021 DOS 7

Believe in The DN

“In Passion We Trust.”