Go to Main NavigationGo to SearchGo to Main ContentGo to Footer Navigation
White wedge
The Campus Times logo
Last updated Tuesday, March 18, 2021 A Publication of the Office of Marketing & Communications

Phi Sigma Sigma Sister Wins National Award

Fulvia Pepe
Fulvia Pepe

Greek life is on a roll at FSC !

Fulvia Pepe, member of the Iota Sigma chapter of Phi Sigma Sigma and president of the Greek Council, has won the 2018-2019 Gina Kerley Panhellenic Excellence Award. This comes on the heels of Upsilon-Upsilon, campus chapter of Tau Kappa Epsilon, being named best of 230 TKE chapters in the U.S. and Canada.

“This award means a lot to me, not only as a woman of Phi Sigma Sigma, but as a sorority woman on our campus,” Fulvia says. “I feel that this award highlights the sisterhood I share for not only my organization, but for the others on campus. I also feel that it shows you can balance being a sorority woman while still maintaining academic success and contributing to our campus. Overall, I am extremely proud of this award because I have given my sorority and Greek Council my all, and it is an honor to be recognized for doing so.”

Says Phi Sigma Sigma: “Fulvia has contributed positively to her campus community at Farmingdale State College since she became a student. The Greek life community at FSC is still in its beginning stages, only being a few years old, and Fulvia is always looking for ways to help it grow. She represents herself well on campus, as well as outside of the Greek life community. She was complimented on how well she represented herself at NGLA, and has taken the knowledge gained from the conference to implement at her own campus.”

In addition to all this, Fulvia also earned the Individual Academic Excellence Award, which is presented to collegiate and alumnae Phi Sigma Sigma sisters who maintain a 3.68 GPA on a 4.0 scale. To complete the triple play, Fulvia also won the Sigma Society Award, which recognizes Phi Sigma Sigma sisters achieving academic excellence.

Share by emailShare by email icon Share through FacebookFacebook logo Share through TwitterTwitter logo Share through LinkedInLinkedIn logo Share through PinterestPinterest logo
Previous Article
9/11 Memorial Wednesday
Next Article
FSC in the News 9/17/19