Go to Main NavigationGo to SearchGo to Main ContentGo to Footer Navigation
White wedge
The Campus Times logo
Last updated Tuesday, March 18, 2021 A Publication of the Office of Marketing & Communications

Richard Redmond Appointed to FSC College Council

Richard Redmond, College Council Member
Richard Redmond, College Council Member

Farmingdale alumnus Richard Redmond has been appointed to the College Council by Governor Andrew Cuomo.

“It is especially gratifying to have been appointed, because Farmingdale was an integral part of my career in the labor movement,” Redmond said. “I was a night student at Farmingdale in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s, which then propelled me into leadership positions at my local union and eventually with our international organization,” he said of his position as Third District International Representative for the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.

“I look forward to playing a small role in helping develop our future leaders. When I toured the campus with President Nader recently, I was amazed at the amount of changes that have taken place, and I’m excited about what the future looks to be.”

The College Council is comprised of local community leaders appointed by the governor. It serves in an advisory capacity to the College. Each member brings a particular expertise to the Council,  and advocates for issues of importance to Farmingdale.

Share by emailShare by email icon Share through FacebookFacebook logo Share through TwitterTwitter logo Share through LinkedInLinkedIn logo Share through PinterestPinterest logo
Previous Article
Talking Sports on Ram Nation Radio
Next Article
"Involvement Fair" Encourages Student Participation