Go to Main NavigationGo to SearchGo to Main ContentGo to Footer Navigation
White wedge
The Campus Times logo
Last updated Tuesday, March 18, 2021 A Publication of the Office of Marketing & Communications

Inspiration from Successful Business Women

Women in Business

Diane Giordano, Carol Lane, Victoria Collette, Stace Hansen, Kristin Sotak.

Michelle Kriegel and Paulette Nadel of the Department of Business Management recently held a star-studded Women In Business panel which included:

• Kristin Sotak, FSC Assistant Professor and Faculty Advisor for  Women in Business Club
  • Diane Giordano, Tax Partner, Marcum LLP
  • Victoria Collette, Owner and Perfumer, Victoria Collette’s Perfumes
  • Stace Hansen, Owner, Copenhagen Bakery
  • Carol Lane, Executive Director, Long Island Capital Alliance, and FSC Adjunct Assistant Professor

Panelist Kristin Sotak said, “The panel was a great event for the students, and for me! The other panelists were successful women, all with different work backgrounds, experiences, personalities, and perspectives that the students could learn from. I personally learned a lot from this event and the other women, and I can see a future panel attracting even more students.”

Well received by FSC students, here are some reactions to the panel:

• “The Women in Business Panel I attended on October 6th was a great experience to be a part of. Hearing and learning from those five successful business women was a great privilege because they are breaking through a once male-dominated field. They are a handful of women that have helped pave doors open for future female business women. As a male, I can learn a lot from these strong and intelligent women because they have sacrificed a lot to be where they are and they are reaping the benefits. This workshop was a great experience and I recommend it to any student who is looking to attend this workshop in the future.” –Student Anoop Thomas
  • “Farmingdale’s business workshops prove their value each and every time I attend. The Women in Business panelists provided helpful industry insight, an opportunity to network and real advice that I personally found to be truly inspiring and invaluable as a graduating senior. My advice to anyone reading this would be to make the most of these workshops while attending the college—they cost nothing except for your time.” –Student Brianca Mazo

Share by emailShare by email icon Share through FacebookFacebook logo Share through TwitterTwitter logo Share through LinkedInLinkedIn logo Share through PinterestPinterest logo
Previous Article
FSC Class Rings
Next Article
In the News 10/24/16