What the Rambassador Program Has Done for Me

When I became a student at Farmingdale in the Fall of 2014, I was excited to start a new journey in my educational life. For my first semesters on campus, I still felt something was missing; I only came to campus for class and went straight home. I wanted to get involved on campus, make new friends and leave some sort of legacy when graduating.
I am now a junior at Farmingdale and am proud to say I’ve been in the Rambassador Leadership Program for about a year now and it has opened so many doors for me. I knew this program would be a great fit for me when I was interviewed by the advisers because they shared the same aspirations as I do for the campus. Last year, I’ve met so many wonderful people in the program who also have the same goals as I do personally and professionally, I’m also honored to call some of them my best and closest friends because they’re the most open-minded, caring and always willing to help.

aidan-reilly-blog
Being a tour guide and a leader on this program has opened so many doors. The Rambassador Program has not only made me one of the faces of the admissions department, it also gave me the opportunity to interview our newest President of the Campus, John Nader PhD as well as other administrative staff members and faculty. I’m so honored to also now be working alongside Dr. Nader and the Diversity Equity and Inclusion Advisory Council. I’ve gotten a personal phone call from himself appointing me to help with the strategic plan for the future of the campus, and how it’ll make strides for student equality and safety on campus during their time on Farmingdale and I will be proposing projects alongside other faculty members on the council as well.
The Rambassador program has given me the opportunity to show the campus, the people of the administrative faculty and the President what I’m truly capable of and I couldn’t be more grateful for the opportunities I’ve earned on campus- they will only enhance my chances of getting into competitive graduate programs as I hope to earn a PhD in Clinical Psychology.

I’ve also learned so much from the diverse group of people in the program as well, about their backgrounds, their goals and how they all contribute which makes Farmingdale such a wonderful institution to be a apart of as a student and now staff member. Words cannot describe the overwhelming joy I feel walking on campus everyday knowing my goals have been reached, I’ve personally made my mark on campus and will continue to until I shake Dr. Nader’s hand one final time when I graduate. I owe it all to the Rambassador Program- I couldn’t be happier.