Go to Main NavigationGo to SearchGo to Main ContentGo to Footer Navigation
White wedge
The Campus Times logo
Last updated Tuesday, March 18, 2021 A Publication of the Office of Marketing & Communications

FSC Alumna’s New Job a Match Forged in Metal

Lindsey McErlean (standing) and Denise Marcoccia

When Denise Marcoccia, owner of Clad Metal Specialties, needed a production engineer, she reached out to FSC and was connected with Dr. Jeff Hung, chair of Mechanical Engineering Technology. Dr. Hung gave her a list of candidates, and alumna Lindsey McErlean ’19 was chosen for the job. Says Marcoccia, McErlean has proven to be the perfect match.

“She is very excited to learn, and equipped with lots of common sense, which is important for the position,” Marcoccia says. “She is also a wonderful, caring, and intuitive person, and I am thrilled to have her join my team!”

McErlean, who graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, credits Dr. Hung and the department for her love for her work and new career.

“I went to speak with Professor Hung for guidance. He directed me to Clad Metal and it was the perfect fit! He really does an incredible job preparing you for real-world applications in the field.

“And the staff in the program are overflowing with empowering and inspirational mentors. They provide their students with an abundance of motivation and learning opportunities.”

Dr. Hung, in turn, is a big fan of his former student.

“She visited me last semester for job guidance. I saw she wasn’t happy. She told me it was about her job [at another company] and was looking to change. It just happened I received a request from Clad Metal around the same time. I connected them. It just worked out. Lindsey told me the job is exactly what she was looking for, and Denise from Clad Metal always mentions how great Lindsey is. Denise also always recommends our students to her industry partners.”

Clad Metal – a full-service metal processing firm located in Bay Shore – has become a training ground for McErlean, who has come under the personal mentorship of Marcoccia.

“She has shown me so much about this industry,” McErlean says. “The pride she holds in her company drives me and all the staff members to do better each day. We have a friendly, family atmosphere here that reminds me of my time at Farmingdale.”

Share by emailShare by email icon Share through FacebookFacebook logo Share through TwitterTwitter logo Share through LinkedInLinkedIn logo Share through PinterestPinterest logo
Previous Article
Tough Talk About Vaping
Next Article
Get Your Cap and Gown, Have Your Portrait Taken