Go to Main NavigationGo to SearchGo to Main ContentGo to Footer Navigation
White wedge
The Campus Times logo
Last updated Tuesday, March 18, 2021 A Publication of the Office of Marketing & Communications

Alumna Wins Big at Sigma Delta Tau Awards

Lizzy Rosen
Lizzy Rosen

“I can honestly say Greek Life has changed my life for the better,” says Lizzy Rosen ’19, a professional communications graduate who was Sigma Delta Tau’s president while attending FSC.

Now, Rosen has been honored for her work by the sorority’s national office, having been named 2018-19’s Outstanding Senior and Outstanding Chapter President. She was also inducted into Sigma Delta Tau’s Hall of Fame. Rosen rose to the top over 64 women from other academic institutions.

“Winning these awards means so much to me, knowing that I was able to make a difference in not only Farmingdale’s Greek Life, but Sigma Delta Tau as a whole.”

Rosen transferred from Rutgers University to FSC in fall 2016. Early on she was named the sorority’s VP of Philanthropy, and soon was elected president. She took up the challenge of guiding a sorority that was still relatively new to the campus, all the while maintaining a 3.5 GPA.

“I came to Farmingdale as a sophomore already in Sigma Delta Tau, but this was a completely different experience. Being at a school with such a relatively new Greek community allowed me to really mold my experience into what I wanted it to be.”

Rosen was also accepted into three honor societies while at FSC: Order of Omega, Order of the Lapis, and Lambda Pi Eta.

She will attend Northeastern University this fall, studying for an MS in Non-Profit Management.

Share by emailShare by email icon Share through FacebookFacebook logo Share through TwitterTwitter logo Share through LinkedInLinkedIn logo Share through PinterestPinterest logo
Previous Article
Global Consciousness Address by Dr. Yetunde
Next Article
Fall Convocation Coming - Save the Date