Go to Main NavigationGo to SearchGo to Main ContentGo to Footer Navigation
White wedge
The Campus Times logo
Last updated Tuesday, March 18, 2021 A Publication of the Office of Marketing & Communications

FSC Alumna Self-Publishes Her First Book

Nyasia Draper
Nyasia Draper

“Thankfully, Farmingdale State College, my number one college choice, accepted me into the professional communications program.  The well-rounded curriculum, affordability, and location to New York City made the institution a perfect match for this Brooklyn native. Here is where my aspirations to become a writer evolved into a passion for all things communications.”

So says Nyasia Draper ’13, who just self-published her first book, Dear 25. Originally a personal journal, she describes it as “a captivating read about self-love and redefining success in the midst of a quarter-life crisis. It highlights the importance of living by your own rules and trusting life’s process.”

The book had its origin in the deaths of her step-father and grandfather, as she was going through a difficult career change. Draper describes herself as “discouraged, heart-broken, and lost. Two prominent figures in my life were gone. My family became disconnected due to grief, and I was fighting against an anxiety issue I wasn’t ready to fully acknowledge.

“Scared to confide in others, I reverted back to my long lost friend: writing.”

Draper – who is an editorial researcher at Newsday – is selling her book on Amazon, and readers have given it high praise. One said: “When you’re reading, it’s almost as you’re sitting at a dinner table and having a conversation with her personally. Very personable and relatable as she perfectly depicts feelings that we often find hard to put into words.”

Share by emailShare by email icon Share through FacebookFacebook logo Share through TwitterTwitter logo Share through LinkedInLinkedIn logo Share through PinterestPinterest logo
Previous Article
Professor's Journal Impacting Criminal Justice Field
Next Article
Visiting Professor at U.N. Education Meeting