Go to Main NavigationGo to SearchGo to Main ContentGo to Footer Navigation
White wedge
The Campus Times logo
Last updated Tuesday, March 18, 2021 A Publication of the Office of Marketing & Communications

“Before I die I want to…” Global Art Project at FSC

The LIEOC at FSC has created an inspirational event for the campus community that will Before I die wallinvolve FSC in a global art project in which students, faculty and staff can write their life goals and dreams on chalkboard “walls.”

The installation will be at Hooper Hall, Tuesday, 12/12 through Friday, 12/15.

The project – “Before I die I want to…” – originated in New Orleans, where artist Candy Chang turned an abandoned house into a giant chalkboard, asking the fill-in-the-blank question. Dr. Elsa-Sofia Morote, LIEOC’s Executive Director, learned of the project and chose FSC to host the event as part of its Long Island tour.

Says Dr. Morote: “It’s been proven that setting a goal has a powerful effect on how we see ourselves as people. Students embrace positive self-images.”

FSC joins participants in more than 70 countries in which more than 2,000 “walls” have been created in more than 35 languages. Visit the project website.

For more information contact Charles Miranda, Charles.Miranda@farmingdale.edu or 631-420-2280.

Share by emailShare by email icon Share through FacebookFacebook logo Share through TwitterTwitter logo Share through LinkedInLinkedIn logo Share through PinterestPinterest logo
Previous Article
Dr. Beverly Kahn on 1968 and the Rise of the New Left
Next Article
FSC Receives $975K from SUNY's Performance Improvement Fund